Steak with Whole30 Bearnaise Sauce (Paleo) Recipes
This steak with Whole30 bearnaise sauce is the perfect Whole30 date night dinner: perfectly seared medium-rare steak topped with a super rich Whole30 bearnaise sauce infused with shallots and fresh tarragon. You’ll love how elegant this Whole30 steak with bearnaise sauce tastes and how quick and easy it is! Total knockout.
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. minced shallots
- 6-7 Tbsp. minced fresh tarragon (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups ghee
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp. salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 pound choice sirloin steak
- 1 Tbsp. ghee
- cast iron skillet
- high-speed blender
- Make the Whole30 bearnaise sauce: In a small saucepan, combine white wine vinegar, chicken stock, minced shallots, and 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon. Boil the mixture moderate heat until the liquid has reduced to 2 tablespoons. Let cool. Strain.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt your ghee then pour into a measuring cup with a spout. Pour egg yolks into blender and pulse until very smooth, then pour in the vinegar reduction and pulse again. Turn blender on low and, very slowly, drizzle in the melted ghee. Don’t go too quickly, or you’ll risk the mixture breaking! Once all ghee has been incorporated, add 4-5 tablespoons fresh tarragon and salt and pulse until combined.
- Make the steak: Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Salt the steak very liberally with salt on both sides. Add 1 tablespoon ghee to skillet, let melt, then add steak. Let sear 4 minutes, then flip and cook another 4 minutes on the other side. Cook 1 extra minute per side for a more medium steak. Remove steak from pan and let rest 5 minutes. Slice against the grain and serve with plenty of Whole30 bearnaise sauce.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post