Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Soup (Paleo, Whole30) Recipes
A super-rich and creamy chicken pot pie soup is so comforting and satisfying. It’s made in the Instant Pot, and it’s dairy free, grain free, gluten free, paleo, and Whole30.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized chunks)
- 2 Tbsp. ghee or olive oil
- 1 onion (diced, 1 cup)
- 3 carrots (diced, 1 cup)
- 3 stalks celery (sliced, 1 cup)
- 5-6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 pound red potatoes (diced)
- 2 cups chicken broth (or stock)
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut cream or milk
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- freshly cracked black pepper
- fresh parsley leaves (chopped, for garnish)
- Turn Instant Pot on Sauté mode. Melt ghee in the pot, then add onion, carrots, and celery, stirring regularly. Cook until onions are soft, then add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, chicken, dried sage, and fresh thyme to Instant Pot. Secure lid with the valve in Sealing position and cook Manual High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add coconut milk and cashews to a high-speed blender. Blend until very, very smooth.
- When time is up, Quick Release, then stir in the coconut-cashew mixture and add salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post