Peanut Spinach Udon (Vegan) Recipes
Tender udon noodles and fresh baby spinach leaves tossed in a nutty, aromatic sauce. Perfect warm, room temperature, or cold, this is your new go-to lunch.
- 1 bundle udon ((or 1 serving soba, about 76 grams))
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 2 green onions (, sliced thin, divided)
- 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 or more tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic (, minced very fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar ((or honey, if not vegan))
- dollop sambal oelek ((chile-garlic sauce. optional))
- black sesame seeds (, for garnish)
- Cook the udon noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prep your spinach: start with 1 1/2 cups baby spinach; chop. Make your sauce. Whisk together all sauce ingredients, taste, and correct seasonings to taste.
- When pasta is finished cooking, drain and rinse out pot too cool. Place chopped spinach and all but a pinch of the green onions in the pot and place hot noodles on top. Let sit for about 3 minutes then pour sauce over noodles and toss to combine and coat. Add extra soy sauce, if desired. Garnish with remaining pinch of green onions and black sesame seeds.
Rated : 5 from 7 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post