How To Brine A Turkey Recipes
Learning how to brine a turkey is the key to dependably tender and moist turkey every holiday season.
- 1 1/2 cups table salt
- 3 gallons water
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar (optional)
- 1 tbsp peppercorns (optional)
- 3-5 sprigs fresh thyme (optional)
- The day before roasting, first thing in the morning, make your brine. Mix salt and water together until dissolved.Place the brining bag in the bucket and put the bird in breast-side down. Pour the brine into the bag, making sure the entire bird is covered–no naked bits. Zip the bag up, cover, and put in the fridge. If you don’t have space in your fridge, you can use a cooler.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Take the turkey out and rinse under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels, making sure to dry the inside of the cavity, too.
Rated : 5 from 7 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post