Cilantro Lime Brown Rice Recipes
Cilantro Lime Brown Rice. The perfect, healthier side dish for the summer!
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- juice of 1/2 lime ((or a little more, to taste))
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (, liquid form)
- Rinse rice in a strainer under cold running water for 30 seconds. Bring 12 cups water to a boil in a large pot with a tight-fitting lid over high heat. Add the rice, stir it once, and boil, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Pour the rice into a strainer over the sink.
- Let the rice drain for 10 seconds, then return it to the pot, off the heat. Cover the pot and set it aside to allow the rice to steam for 10 minutes. Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combined liquid coconut oil, chopped cilantro, salt, and lime juice. Pour over rice and toss to combine. Season to taste with a little more lime juice, cilantro, salt, or coconut oil.
Rated : 5 from 4 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post