Lighter French Toast Recipes
Lighter French Toast is a great start to any morning with this basic french toast recipe made from whole grain bread, almond milk, eggs and cinnamon cooked in Mazola® Corn Oil topped with organic maple syrup, fresh berries, Greek yogurt and walnuts.
- 4 Tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Greek yogurt
- organic maple syrup
- fresh berries
- In a medium dish, add two eggs with yolks, two eggs without yolks, almond milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Whisk ingredients together.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture making sure to soak both sides.
- Heat a skillet on the stove top on a medium-low heat.
- Drizzle about 2 Tablespoon of the Mazola® Corn Oil into pan.
- Drop 4 slices of bread into the pan at a time and give a little shake so the corn oil even distributes under the bread.
- Cook for 3 minutes each side or until evenly golden brown.
- Place on a plate and top with fresh fruit, walnuts, a dollop of Greek yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Repeat steps 2-7 for the other 4 slices of bread.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post