Asian Meatballs Recipes
Asian Meatballs are a fun switch up from a classic meatball with loads of flavor from ginger, herbs and sweet chili sauce. Serve over rice and top with sesame seeds for a delicious dinner the whole family is going to enjoy.
Recipe Yields : 6 servings
Prep time : 20 minutes
Cook time : 25 minutes
Keywords : Meatballs,
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces sweet chili sauce, divided (I like to Mae Ploy brand)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sesame seeds
- Let the ground beef sit out at room temperature for 20 minutes before making meatballs.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, chopped parsley, chopped green onion, minced ginger, salt and 1/4 cup of the sweet chili sauce. Put gloves on and mix the ingredients together well.
- Form the meatballs. I recommend a meatball press/baller to get them equally formed.
- Heat up a pan on a medium-high heat on stove top and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add a tablespoon or so of olive oil to the pan, followed by the meatballs.
- Let all 4 sides of the meatball brown and then place into a foil covered baking sheet or casserole dish.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Flip meatballs and pour the remainder of sweet chili sauce on top. Bake another 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice and garnish with sesame seeds.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post