White Chicken Chili Recipes
White Chicken Chili is made with chicken breast, Northern beans, yellow onion, chicken broth, salsa verde and seasonings. Top with sour cream , fresh avocado slices, tortilla strips and cilantro.
- 1 pound Northern beans (soaked overnight)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 12 ounces salsa verde
- 48 ounces chicken broth
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary (optional )
- sour cream (topping)
- tortilla strips (topping)
- fresh cilantro (topping)
- Soak the beans in water overnight.
- Place drained beans, chicken, salsa verde, and chicken broth into crock-pot.
- Dice the onion and mince the garlic cloves. Place into crock-pot along with 2 teaspoons cumin, 1 teaspoon pepper and a bay leaf. I also like to add a sprig of rosemary when I have it on hand.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Remove the rosemary sprig and bay leaf.
- Remove the chicken breasts, shred, and return to crock-pot.
- Mash some of the beans on the side the crock-pot with your ladle or spoon to thicken up the soup to your preference.
- Serve with your favorite toppings like sour cream, fresh cilantro and tortilla strips.
Rated : 5 from 3 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post