Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipes
This moist, flavorful sour cream coffee cake with a crumbly streusel topping uses a handful of ingredients you probably have at home and comes together in just a few minutes!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white flour, lightly spooned into a measuring cup and leveled with a knife
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream or plain yogurt (light will also work okay, but don’t use fat-free)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 9″ x 9″ pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using an electric hand mixer and a large mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, eggs, vanilla, and sugar. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mix completely, then add about 1/3 of the sour cream and mix completely. Repeat until all the flour and all the sour cream has been added.
- Mix the topping ingredients together and set aside.
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle half of the topping mixture over the batter, then spread the remaining batter on top and sprinkle with the remaining topping mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-45 minutes or until a pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. This can be served warm (but let it cool for 20-30 minutes before cutting into it) or at room temperature. Cover any leftovers.
Rated : 5 from 7 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post