Candy Corn Cupcakes Recipes
These fun and festive fall cupcakes are delicious, and so much easier than they look!
- 1 18.25-oz. white cake mix (I prefer Duncan Hines)
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Yellow and orange Wilton food gel (about a heaping 1/2 tsp. of each)
- A double batch of Perfect Cupcake Frosting and Filling (link in post)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 24-cup muffin tins with white paper liners (although you may not make it to 24 cupcakes). Combine all ingredients except for food coloring in a large bowl and beat on low speed for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then beat on medium for 2 additional minutes.
- Divide batter equally into two bowls; you should have about 2 1/4-2 1/2 c. of batter in each bowl. Mix about 1/2 heaping tsp. of yellow coloring into one bowl of batter and 1/2 heaping tsp. of orange coloring into the other bowl.
- Divide the yellow batter evenly among the muffin tins. I used a standard cookie scoop, which measures about 1 Tbsp. I only had enough to make 20 cupcakes with the cups filled about halfway. Holding the edges of each pan firmly, bang the pan a few times on the counter to level out the batter. Repeat the process with the orange batter. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes in the pan and then allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.When ready, frost the cupcakes and garnish with a candy corn.
Rated : 5 from 3 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post