Almond Toffee Tart Recipes
A chewy caramelized almond filling nestled in a delicate buttery crust.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup real butter, chilled
- 2 egg yolks from large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange zest
- 2 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- optional: sweetened whipped cream for serving
- Equipment: 11 or 12-inch tart pan with removable bottom (see link in post)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray tart pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Prepare crust by cutting flour into butter until crumbly and then adding egg yolks. You may use a food processor, processing until pea-sized crumbs form. Dough will be slightly crumbly. Press dough into pan and up sides. Place tart pan on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and increase heat to 375 degrees.
- While pastry is baking, prepare filling. Combine cream, sugar, salt, and orange zest. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add almonds and extract.
- Pour mixture into pastry crust, spread out almonds if necessary into an even layer.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 45-55 minutes, until the top is bubbly and starting to turn golden brown. **Baking time varies depending on ovens and pan so I highly suggest keeping an eye on it after about 40 minutes.
- Place pan on cooling rack and cool completely. This dessert is definitely one that is optimal after it’s cooled and set (as opposed to warm.)
- When ready to serve, remove outer ring on tart pan and slice into small slices. If desired, top with sweetened whipped cream.
Rated : 5 from 3 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post