Teriyaki Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipes
This cool and refreshing twist on chicken salad sandwiches is perfect for showers, luncheons, and hot summer nights!
- 2 chicken breasts
- Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste and Glaze
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 mango, cut into small cubes (or 1 small can of Mandarin oranges, drained)
- 1 small can pineapple tidbits OR roughly-chopped chunks
- 1/3-1/2 c. light mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- Marinate chicken for at least 4 hours. Grill for about 7 minutes per side. While chicken is grilling, combine celery and green onions in a small mixing bowl or a plastic storage container with a lid. When chicken is done, allow to stand for about 10 minutes and then cut into bite-sized pieces. Toss with celery and onions and then add mayonnaise and mix thoroughly. Start with 1/3 cup and go from there. Add 2-3 (or more) tablespoons of Teriyaki sauce to taste. The thickness of the Kikkoman Baste and Glaze (or the homemade recipe) is important because it helps keep the dressing from becoming too runny. You want to add some of the yummy Teriyaki flavor, but you also don’t want it to be overwhelming. Refrigerate for several hours.
- Right before serving, add mango, pineapple, and nuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You may need to add more mayo and/or Teriyaki; if you need it, go for it! Serve on a lettuce leaf in a croissant or a pita (or by itself if you feel the urge!)
Rated : 5 from 3 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post