Hosting a Football Game with Crock-Pot Dr Pepper Pulled Chicken Sandwiches Recipes
Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Pulled Chicken Sandwiches are made with chicken slow cooked with onion, BBQ sauce and Dr Pepper® topped with a vinegar and oil coleslaw in a hamburger bun for a simple game day meal.
Recipe Yields : 8 sandwiches
Prep time : 12 minutes
Cook time : 360 minutes
Keywords : Chicken,
- 3-4 pounds chicken breast
- 26 ounces BBQ sauce
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 12 ounce can Dr Pepper
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Place chicken into slow cooker.
- Dice onion and add to slow cooker.
- Pour 1/2 the BBQ sauce in followed by Dr Pepper. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- As chicken cooks, prep coleslaw. Start by washing vegetables and peel the carrots.
- Quarter the head of cabbage. Place into food processor. Pulse until shredded and place into mixing bowl.
- Grate carrots and slice green onion. Add to cabbage.
- In a small bowl, whisk sugar, salt. Celery seed, vinegar and oil. Add to cabbage mixture, stir and then cover. Place in refrigerator until chicken is ready.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and place in large bowl. Shred with two forks.
- Add 1 cup BBQ sauce and 1 cup of the liquid from the slowcooker. Stir together to cover chicken.
- Place a heap of shredded chicken on a hamburger bun followed by some coleslaw. Add a drizzle of extra BBQ sauce if desired.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post