Pressure Cooker Sausage Rigatoni Recipes
Pressure Cooker Sausage Rigatoni is a hearty meal made with tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian sausage, red wine, chicken broth, garlic and rigatoni pasta cooked in the pressure cooker in under 15 minutes.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage, ,mild
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste (optional)**
- Parmesan cheese garnish
- Chopped parsley garnish
- olive oil
- Mince garlic.
- Place the pressure cooker on sautee and add a drizzle of olive oil and the sausage. Chop it up and let it brown for a few minutes.
- Add in minced garlic and stir.
- Add in broth, wine, water, diced tomatoes (do not drain), tomato sauce and tomato paste. Stir well.
- Put the rigatoni noodles over top and press them down into the liquid. Don’t mix everything at this point. You want the pasta to sit towards the top because the bottom of the pressure tenders to burn them so let the sausage sit down at the bottom.
- Set the cook time to 7 minutes and close the lid.
- Once the pasta has finished cooking, depressurize the pressure cooker, carefully open the steam valve and remove the lid when complete.
- Stir the pasta and sauce together and serve with cheese and parsley on top.
Rated : 5 from 5 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post