Blueberry French Toast Casserole Recipes
Blueberry French Toast Casserole is made with day old French bread, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, milk and fresh blueberries topped with some powdered sugar, syrup and more fresh blueberries.
- 1 pound Loaf French bread (day old)
- 8 Eggs (large)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon (ground)
- 2 cups Whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups Blueberries
- Confectioners sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Cut or tear the day old loaf of bread into bite sized pieces. Place into a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Wash the blueberries and add one cup worth into casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs. then, add brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and milk and beat again. Pour into the casserole dish over the bread.
- Cover with aluminum foil and store in refrigerator until ready to bake. Overnight recommended.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover casserole and bake 45-55 minutes. 55 minutes with allow the top to get a nice crust.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Top with the remaining fresh blueberries, a little bit of confectioners sugar and serve with maple syrup.
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post