Avocado Breakfast Boats Recipes
Avocado Breakfast Boats are a beautiful, yet quick meal made with fresh avocado, scrambled eggs, crispy pieces of bacon, diced tomato and Sargento Shreds® Reserve Series 18 month aged Cheddar.
- 3-4 Tablespoons Sargento Shreds® Reserve Series (18 month aged Cheddar)
- 2 Avocados
- 2 slices Bacon (diced)
- 4 Eggs (large)
- 1 Tomato (diced)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Parsley (optional garnish)
- Wash outside of the avocados. Cut the avocados in half and dispose of the pit. Scoop out a little bit of the avocado with a spoon and dice the part you removed. Place to the side. The section with the shell will be your avocado boat.
- Wash and chop the tomato. Place to the side.
- Dice the bacon. Cook bacon pieces on a medium-high heat in a non-stick pan for 3 minutes or until at your desired crispness.
- Remove bacon from and place on a paper towel. Place to the side while you cook the eggs. Wipe the non stick pan out clean with a paper towel to remove bacon grease.
- Place the pan back on stove on a low-medium heat. Add 1 Tablespoon butter .
- Beat your eggs in a small bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add eggs pan once the butter has melted. Use a spatula to mix the eggs until they become silky and slightly runny. This should take about one minute. Remove from heat and add 2 Tablespoons Sargento Shreds® Reserve Series 18 month aged Cheddar and the crispy bacon pieces. Mix together and spoon into the avocado boats.
- Add a little more salt and pepper, a pinch more Sargento Shreds® Reserve Series 18 month aged Cheddar, the diced tomato and avocado, any leftover bacon crumbles all on top.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post