Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipes
Our favorite zucchini bread recipe, perfect for – let’s face it – all day snacking. And all 3 meals. (Hey, there’s zucchini in it, so it counts!)
- 3 C grated zucchini
- 2 C flour
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- 6 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 C canola oil
- 1 C sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 t vanilla
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 3/4 C mini chocolate chips
- optional: zest from one orange
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 T white sugar
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 2 loaf pans and set aside. Set shredded zucchini in a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and set aside. Mix topping ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. Place flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- With a stand or hand mixer beat oil, white sugar, brown sugar, and eggs until combined and slightly fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add vanilla and sour cream and mix until combined.
- Gently press down on zucchini in strainer and discard any excess liquid. Add zucchini to batter (and zest if you’re using).
- Take a spoonful of the flour mixture and stir in with the chocolate chips (that will help keep them evenly distributed.) Add the remaining flour mixture to the batter and stir just until combined.
- Divide the batter between the two pans, and sprinkle topping over each.
- Bake in your preheated 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes.
- Let it cool on a rack for 5-10 minutes, then remove from pans.
Rated : 5 from 8 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post