Carbonara with Peas Recipes
Carbonara with Peas is a creamy dish made with thick bacon pieces, garlic, Parmesan cheese, egg and Barilla® Collezione Bucatini for a simple, yet elevated, weeknight meal.
Recipe Yields : 6 sevings
Prep time : 6 minutes
Cook time : 14 minutes
Keywords : Pasta,
- 12 ounce box Barilla® Collezione Bucatini
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/2 pound thick cut bacon (pancetta can be used)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 eggs, reccomend pasteurized
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded plus more for serving
- fresh ground pepper
- In a small bowl, mix 4 eggs and 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese together.
- Finely mince the garlic cloves.
- Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a boil. Add salt and pasta.
- Boil pasta for 7 minutes.
- Timing is important with Carbonara so right when you put the pasta in to cook, add the bacon into a large preheated saute pan on the stove top. Cook the bacon for 5 minutes.
- Add the peas to the bacon for 1 minute.
- Push the bacon and peas to the side while you add the garlic. Let the garlic cook until it is aromatic (about 1 minute). Mix the garlic with the peas and bacon.
- Immediately drain the pasta as it finishes it 7 minute cook time reserving half a cup of the pasta water for later. Place the drained pasta into the bacon pan and stir ingredients together for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the egg mixture. Stir well and quickly. Add in the reserved pasta water as needed until you get a creamy consistency.
- Serve with some fresh ground pepper and parmesan cheese on top.
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post