Fresh Basil Pesto Recipes
Easy recipe for fresh pesto. Great on pasta, pizza, chicken, sandwiches, and more!
- 2 1/2 – 3 cup basil leaves, gently packed
- 3/4 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted if desired
- 1/2-3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- optional but suggested: squeeze of fresh lemon juice (couple teaspoons) plus a little of the grated zest.
- kosher salt
- a few cracks pepper
- Place everything but olive oil in a food processor. (For the salt, start with 1/4 t and add the rest at the end. The final amount really depends on the saltiness of your cheese, so give it a taste first.) Give it a few pulses until things are chopped up. With processor running, slowing drizzle in oil until desired consistency is reached. Adjust any of the ingredients to taste, this is a great starting point!
Rated : 5 from 4 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post