Sweet and Spicy Marinated Cucumbers Recipes
Marinated cucumbers burst with flavor, making a perfect side dish, or topping to a salad or other meat dishes. We love these on Asian lettuce wraps as well!
- 1-1/2 lbs cucumber (about 3 medium), thinly sliced (peeled or unpeeled)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (if using table salt, use only 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar, seasoned or regular
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional if you don’t want any heat.)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- Place cucumber slices in a colander sitting over a bowl, sprinkle with salt and toss well. Let sit for 1 hour refrigerated. Toss the cukes a few times while they drain if you remember. While cucumber slices are draining, prepare marinade.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar and red pepper in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cook until reduced to a 1/3 cup (about 10 minutes). If for some reason you boil for too long, just add a little water until you have 1/3 C. Remove reduction from heat and add onion. Let mixture cool to room temp.
- When cucumbers are done resting, pat them dry with a few paper towels and then combine with the vinegar reduction. Chill for at least a few hours before serving. They improve with time!
Rated : 5 from 3 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post