Quick Pickles Recipes
These Quick Pickles are meant to be on your table within minutes, although they’ll be good for a few days after making them. Feel free to customize them however you’d like!
- 8-9 ounces baby or English cucumbers (the thin skins and small seeds are perfect for making “ribbons”)
- 1/2 cup OR 1 cup rice vinegar (This is important! If you’re eating these right away, use 1 cup vinegar; if you’re planning on snacking on them or eating them in more than 30 minutes, use 1/2 cup vinegar and 1/2 cup cold water)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon kosher salt (start with 1/2 teaspoon and add more to taste if desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse freshly ground black pepper
- 4-5 cloves garlic, smashed
- 5-6 ice cubes
- See notes for additional add-ins
- Trim ends off the cucumbers. Using a vegetable peeler and steady pressure, shave each cucumber into ribbons and place in a small mixing bowl. Gently toss with remaining ingredients, cover, and refrigerate for at least 20-30 minutes. These are a delicious snack or try serving them on top of Greek- or Asian-influenced rice bowls and stir-fries, in tacos, on top of spicy grilled meats, or on sandwiches.
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post