Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pastry Pockets Recipes
- 1 box puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 1 8oz container Philadelphia Chive and Onion flavor Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cup cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1/3 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Warm cream cheese in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to soften. Place in a mixing bowl with mozzarella cheese, chicken, bacon, and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Defrost puff pastry sheets according to package directions. Lightly dust a work surface with flour and roll one sheet at a time into a 12 x 12 inch square. Cut 4, 3 inch strips each direction to make 16 squares, 3 x 3″ each.
- Place about 2 teaspoons of cream cheese mixture onto each square. With your finger, brush a dab of water around the edges of each square and fold over diagonally to make a triangle. Press edges together and crimp with a fork to seal.
- After stuffing and folding each pastry, place on a baking sheet. Whisk egg and 1 tablespoon water together and brush over the top of each pastry. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Can also be served at room temperature.
Rated : 5 from 7 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post