Creamed Corn Recipes
Creamed Corn is a tasty, classic side dish made with corn, heavy cream, butter, sugar, a pinch of cayenne, milk and cheese.
Recipe Yields : 10 servings
Prep time : 3 minutes
Cook time : 15 minutes
Keywords : Corn,
- 2 pounds frozen corn
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
- Ground pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat up a pan on the stovetop on a medium- high heat.
- Add corn, sugar, butter, heavy cream, cayenne and some freshly ground pepper.
- Stir and heat corn until butter has melted.
- In a separate bowl, whisk milk and flour. Add to pan and stir.
- Cook corn 10 minutes or until thickened stirring often.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and stir.
Rated : 5 from 6 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post