Mustard Glazed Ham Recipes
Mustard Glazed Ham is a bone-in, spiral cut ham baked with glaze made from honey, brown sugar, ham drippings and stone ground mustard.
Recipe Yields : 16 servings
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cook time : 95 minutes
Keywords : Ham,
- 8-10 Pound Spiral Cut Ham (Bone-In, pre-cooked)
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Stone Ground Mustard
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Ham Drippings
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the ham onto the rack in a roasting pan.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of the pan. I also like to add in extra ham juices from the bag the ham came in.
- Wrap the the top in aluminum foil. Make sure you have a tight wrap where the ham can steam inside.
- Bake for 10 minutes per pound. My ham was 8 pounds so I cooked it 80 minutes.
- When there is 20 minutes left for your ham to cook, begin the glaze.
- Using a basting syringe, pull 1/2 cup worth of ham drippings and put the liquid in a non-stick pan on the stove-top. Make sure to cover the ham back up well.
- Along with the ham drippings, add honey, stone ground mustard and brown sugar. Bring the glaze to a low simmer and let simmer for 5 minutes. Set to the side.
- After the ham has reached an Internal temperature of 140 degrees, take it out of the oven and raise the oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Remove the foil and pour half the glaze over top of the ham.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes. Leave the foil off.
- Pour the rest of the glaze over top and cook another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Rated : 5 from 5 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post