Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, with rich, buttery flavor, these toffee chocolate chip cookies will become a family favorite!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, lightly spooned into a measuring cup and leveled with a knife (high altitudes should add 2 additional tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 heaping teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter*
- 1/4 cup Smart Balance margarine (or similarly high-quality margarine)*
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed DARK brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Heath bits
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, white sugar, butter, margarine, and vanilla in a large bowl until well-blended. Add in eggs and beat well. Slowly add in flour mixture and mix until combined. Add in chocolate and white chocolate chips and then mix the toffee bits until they’re just combined. Drop dough (I use a cookie scoop) onto the cookie sheets and bake 8-10 minutes (10 is perfect in my oven, but each one is different) until the cookies are lightly brown around the edges, even if they don’t look like they’re done on top. Allow to cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely. The cooling rack is very important in this recipe because the toffee will make the cookies stick to the pan if you’re not careful. Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Rated : 5 from 8 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post