The Best Basic Chocolate Frosting Recipes
Easy and amazing chocolate buttercream frosting using melted chocolate and great for cakes, cupcakes, brownies and more!
- 3.5 oz chocolate (chips, chopped chocolate bar, etc.), about 1/2 cup
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) real butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cream (more or less as needed)
- Melt chocolate in 30 second intervals in the microwave until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Whip butter in a stand mixture until smooth add powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt and continue beating until smooth. Add in melted chocolate. Beat to combine and slowly add cream and beat until silky and smooth.
- Frosts 24 cupcakes normally and 12 generously (piped high).
Rated : 5 from 8 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post