Mini Vanilla Cupcakes Recipes
Mini Vanilla Cupcakes are the perfect bite sized treat made with moist cupcakes of flour, sugar, butter, egg whites, whole milk and Greek yogurt topped with a dollop of simple vanilla buttercream.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (1 3/4 cup cake flour can be used as a swap)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt, full fat (make sure to use Greek)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 + cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 + Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Combine dry cupcake ingredient into a mixing bowl : flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Whisk together. Set to the side.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter, vanilla extract, whole milk and Greek yogurt.
- Combine with the dry ingredients and whisk well.
- Crack and separate egg yolk from egg whites into a small bowl. Dispose of shell and yolks. Use a hand mixer and beat egg whites until a foam is formed. Fold this form into your cupcake batter.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cupcake liners into a mini cupcake pan and fill each 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Place on a cooling rack and frost when at room temperature.
- Place softened butter into a mixing bowl and use a hand or stand mixer to beat butter until creamy. Add vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Slowly add in confectioners sugar and heavy whipping cream in increments. 2 cups of confectioners sugar and 1/2 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream is a good starting point but if the frosting seems too thick, add a little more heavy cream or if it seems to runny, add more confectioners sugar until you have a good pipable frosting consistency.
- Place frosting into a pastry bag with a large frosting decorating tip.
- Pipe each cupcake.
- Add sprinkles.
Rated : 5 from 4 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post