Easy Breakfast Crescent Braid Recipes
A yummy and easy breakfast braid, great to feed a crowd on a busy morning!
- 1 roll Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations
- scrambled eggs
- (I used 3 eggs + 1 egg white + 1 1/2 T milk + salt and pepper)
- 4-5 strips bacon (sausage would be great too)
- 1/2 C grated cheese , or more…
- optional: hot sauce
- Scramble eggs in a skillet. Since this will cook again in the oven, under cook your eggs. You want them to be cooked enough to hold together, but leave them a bit wet. Cook bacon strips and set aside. (I bake my bacon in the oven. Just lay flat on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake at 400 for about 12 minutes or until crisp)
- Next, use a rolling pin and a lightly floured work surface to roll out the crescent dough to about 10 in x 12 in. Lay the eggs down the center of the rectangle, leaving room on both sides and the 2 ends. Top with bacon, cheese, and a couple shots of hot sauce if you want.
- Use a pizza cutter to slice even slits on the sides of your rectangle. Fold over both ends.
- Now starting on one end, bring the side pieces in and overlap them. You’ll want to alternate- one from the right, then one from the left and so on and so on. Keep doing it until you get all the way to the end. When you get to the end, just tuck where you can to make it pretty!
- Bake according to package instructions. I believe it’s 375 for about 15-20 minutes (but who knows, I threw away my package!) It might take a little longer than the package directs because of the way it’s braided. When it’s done, it should be golden brown on top. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Slice on a slight diagonal and eat immediately!
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post