Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta Recipes
Fresh Tomatoes and Basil come together in a simple homemade sauce that is comfort food at its best! This recipe originally appeared in our Savoring the Seasons Cook Book. Find it, here!
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 5-6 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 3 pounds fresh plum tomatoes (about 6 cups chopped)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup (or more) chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta, or other pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup (or more) fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. When hot, add oil to coat pan. Add onion and garlic and saute, stirring frequently, until onion is tender (about 4-5 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, vinegar, and sugar. Stir gently, breaking up tomatoes with a back of a spoon a bit until they release some juices and come to a simmer. Simmer about 45 minutes, uncovered, stirring periodically until reduced and thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil and parmesan, toss with pasta and top with additional parmesan if desired.
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post