Old-Fashioned BBQ Chicken Legs Recipes
Your neighbors will be peering over the fence when they start to smell this deliciousness wafting over!
- 1 recipe Quick and Easy BBQ Sauce (you can use regular or smoked paprika, whatever you prefer or have on hand)
- 2-3 pounds chicken legs, rinsed well and patted dry (I prefer boneless skinless chicken thighs). It’s important to rinse them, especially if you’re buying the non-frozen variety, because dark meat takes on a strong semi-fishy odor and taste when it sits in its own juices.
- Reserve 1 c. of sauce and marinate chicken in the remaining sauce for 8 hours or overnight.
- Grill over medium heat, basting with some of the reserved sauce, until it starts to blacken and internal temperature reaches 170 (about 10 minutes per side for boneless skinless thighs, give or take a little depending on their size…)
- Remove from heat, drizzle with remaining sauce, and cover with a loose tent of aluminum foil for about 5-10 minutes so the chicken remains juicy.
Rated : 5 from 9 votes
For more details about this recipe, please read the original post